Sunday, 2 March 2008

006. the weekends done

I love weekends that surprise you. When you make plans that evolve into something else, better, more enjoyable and above all else FUN!

This weekend was always going to be full. But really I hadn't envisaged just how much.

I met someone who is so completely different to anyone I know and yet rather similar at the same time. It's rather interesting to get a different, fresh perspective on the world.

We tend to surround ourselves with people who think as we do, who go to the places we do, who have the same friends. And so whilst our world grows it becomes rather inward looking. I think that was one of the reasons why I did eventually try the on-line dating craze. Of course you have to have things in common but as we grow older and a little more set in our ways, I appreciate the need to have things different too. To have you're own space. Damn I love my own space.

Now if someone had said to me you're going to meet a guy who's involved in risk management for global banking corporations. I'd have said, oh I really don't think I'd get on with someone like that, and do a swift detour out of the nearest exit. How surprising. How surprising that I agreed to a first date let alone, happily and eagerly agreed to a second.

We'll see.

No comments: