
FINALLY after only 2 years of trying I managed to see little ole Seth in concert. Whoop. And he was really HOT, I mean I loved his performance...boy he can fiddle and sing! He certainly knows how to get my toes a tapping.
I tried to see him at Glastonbury(Ironically I was actually there), I tried to see him at the ITunes Festival, I tried to see him at The Minack (I love the Minack!), I tried to see him at the Union Chapel in Islington... unavoidable prior commitments every single time! Apparently it's bad form to miss the hen do or the wedding if you’re a bridesmaid...
Why-oh-why people have to arrange hen weekends and weddings at the exact same time Seth is doing a gig I may possibly be able to go to I don't know. Do my friends check with his manager before planning such dates? This time I was determined, despite the fact that I had a wedding to go to, I bought two tickets as soon as it was advertised and then realised it was the same day as the wedding, in Guernsey... oh well... the concert was great...
:0)
Despite my state of attendance as a very snotty and sick puppy it rocked! Thank you K for coming with me and making it on time despite all odds.
In other news, A has no memory of the Christmas party after 10pm, and was mortified today when I mentioned her behaviour... she apologised profusely and we made it into a joke. Twt still can’t talk to me at work. I’ve come to the conclusion, considering his own admission, he is painfully shy about 'relationships' and 'private matters' that he really can’t handle talking to me because of the connection we had. We communicate fine by email but put us in a room together and he makes like a clam. Which makes him:
- a) disappointing
- b) immature
- c) sad
- d) destined to be alone FOREVER (said in my best Dr Evil voice)
I’m successfully fighting my urge to fix him.
Drink is evil...
This leads me right into the news that my flatmate has joined the AA, and I don’t mean she bought breakdown cover. She called them on Monday and has now got a sponsor/buddy who will help her, she has her first meeting on Saturday at our church. An odd coincidence that I managed to persuade her was a sign that she should definitely go. We shall see... Her sudden decision was prompted by her family’s repulsion at her behaviour and general state at the family wedding in Guernsey. Apparently my family and my disappointment and disgust with her behaviour in Turkey has also hit home. (I’m amazed we didn’t have to bring her back in a body bag) She had even been thinking about what S had said to her, S being the 60 year old friend of the family, D had made her goal to piss her off as much as possible on the holiday. Now that was something I never expected, she’d painted S out to be the wicked witch of the west and really didn’t see her behaviour towards her unreasonable despite my protests. It really was quite nasty. But hopefully things are on the up!
I have one day left at work before I finish for Christmas. How pleased am I?! A hell of a lot, that’s how much. It’s been a really tough year: the collapse of the economy; multiple redundancy interviews; pay cuts; friends being made redundant; friends moving to different offices, friends moving to different continents; friends having breakdowns; being mugged and assaulted; a significant boyfriend who chose a job over me. There have of course been good times and believe me they where good. But all in all a year I’m rather pleased to see the back of.
Onwards and upwards. :0)

No comments:
Post a Comment